Friday 8 March 2013

08/03/2013 - Lack Of Muse.

So I don't really know what to write for my first blog post but I know I need to write something.

When it comes to editing for me to come out with something even half decent I usually need to start with an audio track (that is if i'm going to be using an audio track, which with what I do I always need music) But the thing that comes with it is muse. I can't just listen to any old track or song and say 'Yeah that's fine'. I need to actually feel something with the song, I need to be able to listen to it and immediately go 'Ah, yes that part would work well with this and that part with this' - And I start to build up a timeline on word where I write all of the lyrics down and match a scene with a certain part. 

Now the editing that I do is nothing like what we do in class - I mainly make 'Fanvids' for TV shows and movies, which basically means I take a TV show, take the clips, find a couple of characters or just a certain episode and create a video using a song that matches. I don't usually like sharing these with people I know and few people in class have actually seen one, and unless anybody has seen them on any other social platform I doubt anybody in class would have.

Right now on youtube I have a total of 197 subscribers (not that many) and 105,952 video views... which honestly is quite a lot in my eyes. 

Now before you view the video I will warn you, it has altered coloring, and many transitions. It may seem like overkill to you but in the vidder community that is how it is done.


This is one of my lesser viewed videos, but I assumed it would be the safest. It NEEDS to be watched in High Definition otherwise it does look pixelated and I don't know about you but I hate it when they look like that. I also make collaboration videos with other vidders from the community, we're currently working on three or four right now, and we do it so we all make about 30 seconds of a song each with a different fandom (tv show, movie) and then splice it all together. An example of one of those is here, this is one we've done before, although it was not uploaded on to my main channel it was uploaded onto a side one:
The coloring on this one is INCREDIBLY dark and red, this was not on purpose, it exported out fine but as soon as it uploaded to youtube it got 10x darker, we couldn't figure out the problem, so next time we're just going to experiment with lighter colors. Yellow is our next collabs theme. In the video above I did the section from 0:00 to 1:20, then from 1:20 to 2:45 is what my friend Beth did, and then from 2:45 until the end (3:54) was what my other friend Mariana made.

The collab we're currently working on now is in editing and we're waiting on one more part from Mariana. This is what the timeline looks like. Ignore the fact it says Media Offline, it just does that when you click way from the program. 


That's all I have to say today.

LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment